Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Doctor Who


Yet another belated gift, this time for my fiancee's birthday, we're both massive fans and late converts to the show Doctor Who (she especially likes the Daleks); we started at the 8th Doctor and have watched every episode together. I was really excited to get a piece done, but it's quite daunting when trying to do justice to something you love for someone you love. But, finally, I figured out what I feel is a decent composition and set out to work, this piece is the end result.

The challenge, in my opinion, when drawing something you're such a big fan of, and friends will attest that my Doctor Who fandom teeters on worrisome, is trying to capture the spirit of the characters. While I'm not sure I managed to accomplish that, I'm still pretty happy with this piece.

Also, I'll just go ahead and publicly state that the Eleventh Doctor is the superior Doctor and I don't understand how there's even a debate on this issue.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment